I have very fond memories of making rice crispy treats with my mom as a kid. I remember standing on a stool over the stovetop with my mom behind me with my favorite wooden spoon stirring as hard as I could. They were always so fun & simple to make. And the ooey-gooey marshmallow-y goodness was my favorite thing to lick off the spoon!
Knowing what I know now, those sticky treats were full of refined, processed junk. The dilemma: how do I make healthier rice crispy treats that still spark those fond memories I had with my mom? The real dilemma: I need a spoon to lick thats full of oozy-gooey rice crispy goodness! I present you...
5 Ingredient Sprouted Rice Crispy Treats!
These things really hit the spot, are made up of basically 5 ingredients, and take all of 15 minutes to throw together! They're made with sprouted brown rice, are naturally sweetened, gluten free, dairy free, and vegan! And you bet your ass I licked the spoon!
- 1 BOX SPROUTED BROWN RICE (ABOUT 6 CUPS)
- 1/2 CUP NUT BUTTER
- 1/2 CUP RAW HONEY
- 1/3 CUP PURE MAPLE SYRUP
- 1/4 CUP COCONUT BUTTER
- 1 TBSP VANILLA (optional)
- 1/4 TSP SEA SALT (optional)
- LINE A 9'9 IN. SQUARE BAKING DISH WITH PARCHMENT PAPER & SET ASIDE.
- HEAT RAW HONEY AND MAPLE SYRUP IN A SAUCEPAN OVER MEDIUM-HIGH HEAT UNTIL IT REACHES A BOIL (ABOUT 5 MINUTES.)
- STIR IN NUT BUTTER, COCONUT BUTTER, VANILLA, AND SALT. LOWER HEAT AND CONTINUE TO COOK FOR ANOTHER 5 MINUTES, FREQUENTLY STIRRING.
- REMOVE FROM HEAT AND ADD SAUCE TO A LARGE MIXING BOWL. SLOWLY STIR IN SPROUTED BROWN RICE UNTIL WELL COMBINED.
- POUR AND SPREAD OUT INTO PRE-LINED BAKING DISH.
- POP IN THE REFRIGERATOR FOR TWO HOURS OR POP IN THE FREEZER FOR 1 HOUR IF YOU CAN'T WAIT. (I COULDN'T!)
- ONCE HARDENED, REMOVE FROM REFRIGERATOR, SLICE & ENJOY!