Happy Valentine's Day! Valentine's Day = chocolate. Duh. I usually show my love for the people I care about by making or baking them something. So, for V-day I decided I would make Matt some extra special chocolate-y cookies.
This recipe is super simple & basically fail proof. With the exception of shaping them into heart-shaped cookies. Don't do that. I tried, I failed. Plus side: these cookies are gluten free, dairy free, & paleo & are super easy to throw together.
Let's make some cookies!
- 2 CUPS ALMOND FLOUR
- 1/3 CUP RAW CACAO POWDER
- 1/2 TSP BAKING SODA
- 1/2 TSP SEA SALT
- 1 CUP COCONUT SUGAR
- 1/3 CUP COCONUT OIL
- 8 OZ VEGAN CHOCOLATE BAR (4 oz melted, 4 oz non-melted)
- 1/3 CUP PECANS (Optional)
- 2 EGGS
- 1 TBSP VANILLA EXTRACT
- LINE BAKING SHEET WITH PARCHMENT PAPER AND PREHEAT OVEN TO 350 DEGREES F.
- MELT 4 OUNCES OF CHOCOLATE IN DOUBLE BOILER OVER MEDIUM-HIGH HEAT. SET ASIDE.
- IN STAND MIXER OR FOOD PROCESSOR, COMING ALMOND FLOUR, COCAO POWDER, COCONUT SUGAR, BAKING SODA & SALT. ADD IN THE 1/3 CUP COCONUT OIL AND PULSE UNTIL YOUR MIXTURE FORMS INTO A BUNCH OF TINY GRAINY BALLS.
- IN A SEPERATE BOWL BEAT YOUR EGGS, MELTED CHOCOLATE & VANILLA TOGETHER.
- FOLD YOUR EGG/CHOCOLATE MIXTURE IN WITH YOUR ALMOND FLOUR MIXTURE UNTIL COMBINED WELL. FOLD IN THE REST OF YOUR NON-MELTED CHOCOLATE AND PECANS (IF USING.)
- SCOOP DOUGH BY THE TABLESPOON ON TO YOUR PRE-LINED BAKING SHEET AND BAKE FOR 10-12 MINUTES.
- LET COOL FOR 15 MINUTES BEFORE TRANSFERRING THEM TO A WIRE RACK TO FINISH COOLING COMPLETELY. ENJOY!