- 1.5 lbs Ground turkey
- 1 cup, chopped Butternut squash
- 2, chopped Zucchini
- 3, chopped Shallots
- 2 cloves, minced Garlic
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1.5 cups Precooked sprouted rice
- 1 cup Cashew cream
- 1/2 tsp Fresh ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp Onion powder
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
Ok, can we just take a minute to talk about hanger? It's a real thing... & it usually doesn't happen to me too often anymore. With the exception of this past Sunday!
We spent the whole day at the beach snacking & by the time we got home my body was craving some real food. You know that feeling when your hangry but can't decide what you want to eat because you're THAT hungry? That was me. Basically all I could decide on was salad.. I knew I wanted a big salad. Positive note: I didn't kill anyone, plus this salad & amazingly creamy, tangy dressing came out of it. Oddly enough, I usually am not a big fan of cilantro because I find it a bit overpowering but this past Sunday I was craving it for some reason & this dressing has the perfect amount in my opinion.
I've used this dressing throughout the week on steak tacos, fish tacos, & macro bowls but I honestly think it would be good on just about anything! Nachos, Mexican pizza, breakfast tacos... the list goes on!
It's vegan, paleo, soy free & gluten free because I used some leftover cashew cream for the base instead of mayonnaise (but if you don't have cashew cream feel free to use mayonnaise instead.)
Happy soon-to-be Cinco De Mayo, friends!
1 head red leaf lettuce, chopped
2 small bell peppers, sliced
1 sweet potatoes, thinly chopped
1 1/2 cups frozen corn
1 avocado, sliced
1 tomato, chopped
1/4 cup pepitas, for topping
1 lime, cut into wedges
- Start by warming about a tbsp of oil in a medium sized skillet over medium-high heat & add in chopped sweet potato. Cook until half way cooked through (about 8 minutes) & then add in your sliced bell peppers. Continue to cook for another 8-10 mins. During the last 2 minutes add in your frozen corn until defrosted.
- Serve veggies over a bed of lettuce with avocado, a fresh squeeze of lime, some pepitas & a generous drizzle of the Creamy Cilantro Caesar dressing. Enjoy!
CREAMY CILANTRO CAESAR DRESSING
Makes roughly 1 - 1 1/2 cups
1 can chopped mild hatch chilis
1/2 cup cashew cream
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup avocado oil (or oil of choice)
1/4 cup pepitas
2 cloves garlic, peeled
1/4 cup nutritional yeast
1 handful of fresh cilantro
1 tsp Himalayan pink salt
A fresh crack of pepper
(1/4 water to thin if needed)
- Throw all ingredients into your blender & blend until creamy, scraping down the sides every so often. Store in an airtight jar in your fridge for up to a week!